Sussex and the Sea
Welcome to our guide
From coastal champions like Brighton and Eastbourne to traditional downland villages like Ferring and Climping, plus local beauty spots like Fontwell Park and Crowborough, the 11 hostelries that make up this fine Collection both deserve and reward exploration.
The road may be long, winding and undulating in Sussex but the perfect watering hole is around the next corner along with incredible views and great company. Take your pick from cultural Worthing, tranquil Peacehaven, historic Battle and photogenic Haywards Heath.
Combine coast and countryside for a day out with a difference. You're never far from the sea and the varied coastline here - dramatic white cliffs drop to secluded rocky bays, shingle beaches and swathes of golden sand. Just a short drive from the lively cities and towns you'll find unspoilt landscapes aplenty and hundreds of great walking, cycling and horse-riding routes.
Download The Sussex and the Sea Collection Guide
Find out more and download a colour or back and white copy of our complete collection guide for Sussex and the Sea.
- Download the Sussex and the Sea Collection Guide (colour)*
- Download the Sussex and the Sea Collection Guide (black/white)*
Discover a Vintage Inn in Sussex and the Sea
You'll no doubt work up a healthy thirst and appetite, but then you've come to the right place. Drink in the views and enjoy pub grub that always satisfies!
*Collection Guides open in a new window. To view them you will need the Free Adobe Reader
Your map is loading...
Using the interactive map
- Use your mouse to move the map around, click on it and drag.
- The red and blue markers on the map each represent a pub in this region. Blue markers signify that the pub also has accommodation attached.
- To view a pub address and plan your route click on the pub's coloured marker.
- Use the + and - buttons on the map or your mouse-wheel to zoom the map in and out for more details.