Devon and Cornwall
Welcome to our guide
This is a special corner of England and includes Vintage Inns that have grown and entwined themselves like mistletoe on the knotted trunk of history.
Here your meal and beverage gains added savour from the knowledge of your surroundings. Look closely enough and you can also see the story of the land retold in the flames of our log fires.
Download The Devon and Cornwall Collection Guide
Find out more and download a colour or back and white copy of our complete collection guide for Devon and Cornwall.
- Download the Devon and Cornwall Collection Guide (colour)*
- Download the Devon and Cornwall Collection Guide (black/white)*
Discover a Vintage Inn in Devon and Cornwall
The Drum Inn at Cockington has a direct link to notability, having been designed by the great British architect Edwin Lutyens, while The China House in Plymouth was a great waterfront warehouse that saw the 17th century international trade boom.
Perhaps grandest of all, The Tarka Inn at Barnstaple stands like a great monolith, the bulk of its walls a testament to the wealth and power of those who once lived in this former manor house.
The triangle bounded by Exeter, Plymouth and Barnstaple is a fascinating area to explore, and Vintage Inns are not just excellent places to get rest and refreshment - each one is part the story.
*Collection Guides open in a new window. To view them you will need the Free Adobe Reader
Your map is loading...
Using the interactive map
- Use your mouse to move the map around, click on it and drag.
- The red and blue markers on the map each represent a pub in this region. Blue markers signify that the pub also has accommodation attached.
- To view a pub address and plan your route click on the pub's coloured marker.
- Use the + and - buttons on the map or your mouse-wheel to zoom the map in and out for more details.