Frequently Asked Questions
COVID, Your Safety is our first priority
Where are bookings being taken? To make a booking you can book online here: https://www.vintageinn.co.uk/tablebooking#/ via our website or app (if the premises has one). For larger parties please contact the premises directly.
I haven’t received my booking confirmation. If you have not received your booking confirmation as of yet, please do contact the Vintage Inns location you have booked for to confirm your booking.
Are walk ins allowed? We always try and accommodate walk-ins, however, to ensure you get a table at your preferred time we advise booking online.
Are you doing takeaway? We offer several different takeaway and delivery options. You can purchase through our apps or online, while a number of our sites partner with Just Eat, Deliveroo and Uber Eats to offer a to-your-door delivery service.
Are you accepting cash or is it card only? We advise our guests, wherever possible, to pay by card or contactless methods. We accept contactless card payments up to £100, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
I would like to give feedback on a recent visit
I have a question about a Vintage Inns, who do I contact?
I want to contact a Vintage Inns
Can I reach you on social media?
Yes, you can find us on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. See the bottom of our homepage to find the links.
Dining with Us
How do we book a table?
How far in advance, or how soon, can I make a booking for?
For same-day bookings, you can reserve your table online before 10.30am for lunch and by 4pm for dinner. You can also book up to three months in advance of the date you want to dine. Just pop onto our Book a table . Just search and book for any of our pubs, then await your confirmation email. Easy. If you're planning a big get-together or a special occasion, you might want to call the pub you have in mind. You'll find the phone number on the home and find us pages of your nearest Vintage Inns website.
How do I cancel an online booking?
To cancel an online booking, just click on the link in your booking confirmation email and follow the steps. Please try to give us as much notice as possible.
My deposit was not deducted from my bill.
What are your opening times?
To find the open hours of any of our restaurants please visit the homepage for your local Vintage Inn and it will appear at the top of the page.
Is there disabled access to your restaurants?
At Mitchells and Butlers we take the needs and the equal treatment of all our guests extremely seriously. We have invested heavily in this area in recent years and are committed to ensuring our facilities and services are accessible to all in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 2004.
However, in some circumstances, often in smaller sites or perhaps in listed buildings, alterations are not possible. Therefore, alternative arrangements are put in place to assist disabled guests. For example, where a ramp can't be installed in an entry due to difficulties with planning permission, small temporary ramps may be provided. To be certain that the site you are visiting is practical for disabled access, we would always suggest that a guest contact the restaurant/pub beforehand.
What time can children dine until?
Children are welcome at all times so there are no restrictions placed on how late they can dine with us.
Where can I find menu prices?
Please visit the homepage for the Vintage Inn you would like to visit and view the menu to see all of the prices
Is there allergen/special dietary information available for guests?
Our allergens menu can be found here: https://www.smartchef.co.uk/brands/VintageInns. Please see our current menu and talk to a team member about any specific dietary requests during your visit. Our chefs will do their best to accommodate you.
Do you offer a gluten free menu?
Our allergens menu can be found here: https://www.smartchef.co.uk/brands/VintageInns. Please see our current menu and talk to a team member about any specific dietary requests during your visit. Our chefs will do their best to accommodate you.
Is your chicken free range?
Although our chicken breasts are not free-range, we're pleased to confirm that they are Red Tractor Farm Assured
Is the Meat Halal Certified?
When we source our meat, our decisions are based on animal welfare standards, food safety and quality. We use a variety of suppliers, mostly in the UK and Ireland, but some from abroad. All of our suppliers, regardless of location, operate to strict EU animal welfare standards, which require that all animals are stunned before slaughter to ensure they are killed humanely. This is the industry standard used by all the major retailers and restaurants. To be absolutely clear, we have no requirement for any of our suppliers to supply us with Halal certified meat.
Do you offer a childrens menu?
Young guests are welcome and have their own special menu which you can find here: https://www.vintageinn.co.uk/childrens-menu#/. Furthermore, highchairs are available on request, and our team members will store away prams or pushchairs for ease.
What ID do I need when visiting to be served alcohol?
Should a guest look under the age of 21, then identification will then be asked for, of which only the following will be accepted:
✔ International passport
✔ UK or European Union photo-card driving licence (full or provisional)
✔ Proof of age card with 'PASS' accredited hologram
Our Challenge 21 scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.Our Challenge 21 scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.
By law it is an offence to sell alcohol to a person aged under 18. Anyone under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. As a retailer of alcohol, we are mindful of our duty of care to our customers, staff and the wider community. It is therefore Mitchells & Butlers' Company policy not to allow under 18s to consume alcohol on our premises under any circumstances.
Where do you source your meat?
Through a carefully maintained relationship between our suppliers and processors, our butchers can guarantee that the Beef we source meets the highest standard of quality and is traceable from field to fork.
Only cattle from assured farms produced to a quality standard mark are used for Vintage Inns with the highest standards of beef farming practices and animal welfare maintained.
Our offers and news
How do I sign up for Vintage Inns promotions?
We're delighted that you'd like to keep in touch. Simply find another Vintage Inn and sign up for all our latest news and offers.
What do I do if I haven’t received a voucher?
Please ensure you have signed up to our newsletter and or app , please note that not all guests will receive the same offer at the same time.
What do I do if I haven’t received my birthday champagne voucher?
When you signed up to our newsletter, did you enter your date of birth? If not, find a recent Vintage Inns email and click on the "email preferences" link to update your details. Please allow up to 4 weeks from sign up to your Birthday to receive your voucher.
Can I use my promotional voucher at any Vintage Inns?
Yes, you can use your voucher in any Vintage Inn of your choice. Please do check the terms and conditions for your voucher as some exclusions may apply.
How do I unsubscribe from the Vintage Inns newsletter?
To stop receiving our news and offers via email, just click on the "unsubscribe" link, which can be found at the very bottom of every email we send to you.
When can I use the set menu?
For set menu offers, as long as you are seated and order between the applicable hours of the offer then you are entitled to the discount.
Using our app
Where can I get your app?
Our app is available to download for free on both the App store and Google play.
My reward has disappeared from the app
My reward stamp has not been added following a visit
All of my stamps have disappeared
When you earn your reward voucher for collecting stamps, your stamp card will reset to zero and your reward voucher will be added to your wallet. If this hasn't happened, please contact our Guest Care team by completing our enquiry form.
I am experiencing issues with resetting the password for my app
Initially, make sure you are following the process on your smartphone rather than on a laptop or other device. If you still experience difficulties please contact our Guest Care team by completing our enquiry form.
You've extended my stamps/stampcard but my local site is still closed, how am I supposed to use it or gain new stamps?
We have extended all stamps and rewards earned through the loyalty scheme in our apps. If you have a stamp or reward that expired between 1st October 2020 and 30th June 2021 it will have been reinstated & extended to 25th September 2021 and will need to be used before this date. If for some reason your local site has remained closed, please contact our Guest Care team via our enquiry form.
How do you pay through the app?
You can pay your bill via your Vintage Inns app by clicking the tile on the homepage "pay your bill" and following the instructions.
Working with us
Are there any jobs available at your restaurants?
We are a supplier who are interested in working with you. Who should I contact?
Due to the volume of requests we receive we are unable to deal with unsolicited supplier calls and emails. If you are interested in becoming a Vintage Inns supplier please send your details in writing to - Procurement Department, Mitchells & Butlers, 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP
What is WiFi?
Wireless internet, or WiFi for short, lets smartphones, tablets, laptops, cameras and all other WiFi-enabled devices connect to the internet using radio waves (via a router).When using a WiFi hotspot, your device needs to have its WiFi capability switched on (it should be somewhere under 'settings' or 'connections'), and you need to be in range of the hotspot.
What kind of WiFi service is Vintage Inns offering?
Here at Vintage Inns we've installed free O2 Wifi at every one of our restaurants, making each of them an 'O2 Wifi hotspot'. Unlike many other kinds of WiFi hotspots, O2 Wifi is free – no hidden charges or nasty surprises, just free, fast and easy internet access. And it's available to everyone, whether or not you're an O2 customer. You can sign up for O2 Wifi at any of its hotspots. Once registered, your WiFi-enabled devices will be connected automatically every time you visit an O2 Wifi hotspot. You don't need any passwords or usernames to connect, and using the service won't eat into your mobile data allowance.
How do I access free WiFi at Vintage Inns?
It's simple. Just register your details the first time you access our free service (unless you've already done so at another O2 Wifi hotspot). You'll only need to do this once and you can enter up to five devices. Once signed up, your smartphone, tablet, laptop or whatever WiFi-enabled device you've registered will connect automatically every time you drop by a Vintage Inn (or other O2 hotspot).
It's easy to get online using our free WiFi:
1)Check that your device's WiFi is switched on
2)Select 'O2 Wifi' from the network list
3)Open your internet browser and follow the sign-up instructions (enter your phone number and the name of the device(s) you're connecting with)
4)O2 Wifi will send you a text message containing a code. Enter this plus a few simple details
5)Your welcome page should appear – you're now connected
What if I can't receive O2 WiFi's text due to lack of mobile coverage?
Just click the 'No mobile coverage' link at the bottom of the page and follow the registration process. You'll be given two hours of free usage to tide you over until you can access your SMS. But you will need to fully register (with the code you've been sent) on your next visit to a Vintage Inn or another venue with O2 Wifi.
My signal is weak. What's going on?
The strength of O2 Wifi depends on things like how far you are from the access point (although if you're inside one of our restaurants, that shouldn't be a problem). Or how many people are trying to connect to the same hotspot at the same time. Also, some gadgets connect to WiFi quicker than others.
Where can I get more help and information?
You'll find additional info at o2WiFi.co.uk. Alternatively, call O2 Wifi's customer support line on 0844 4632626, which is open 8am-9pm from Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturdays and 8am-6pm on Sundays.
Why do I need to register my details?
A number of reasons. One, security – it helps us protect you from nasty viruses and fraud. Two, legally we need to ask people to register some information about themselves before using the service (to comply with European Data Retention directives). This information may be made available to authorities as required, but we won't share your details with any third party companies. Three, it's simpler. Registering means you don't have to log in when you visit a Vintage Inn or any other O2 Wifi hotspot. You'll also get the opportunity to opt in for news and offers from Vintage Inns.
What are the terms and conditions of use?
The terms and conditions for using our free WiFi internet service can be found on the landing page when you connect to the O2 Wifi hotspot at Vintage Inns.
How secure is O2 WiFi?
O2 Wifi's wireless network is one of the most secure public access networks. When using it you'll see a personalised welcome page with your name displayed – so when you enter an O2 Wifi hotspot, you'll know that it's genuine.
However, your device will be connected to a public network and, as such, may still be vulnerable. O2 Wifi offers the following tips and precautions to help you to protect your personal data:
1)Look for URLs/addresses starting 'https' when using websites that require logging in (e.g. online email, Facebook or Twitter). The 's' in https means that the page is encrypted and your details are therefore more secure
2)Only enter info like personal banking details once you know the website is secure (look for the padlock icon on your browser, click on it to confirm it is secure)
3)Avoid leaving credit card details exposed on-screen
4)Be careful when responding to emails – avoid divulging any personal or financial details, and remember that your bank will never ask you to send them your password or PIN
5)Avoid 'phishers' (sites that resemble legitimate businesses but are in fact fakes designed to steal your personal details)
6)Install and update well-known anti-virus software and personal firewalls if appropriate
7)Ensure that you turn off automatic log-in facilities and that you log out when your session ends (check that 'Keep me logged in' boxes are not ticked)
8)Use a secure, free VPN to connect to the internet – O2 Wifi recommends http://hotspotshield.com/
9)Ensure that your device is password or pin-protected
10) Don't leave your laptop unattended in a public place. Lock your screen if you absolutely need to leave it
Where Can I Buy Vintage Inns Gift Cards?
Vintage Inns gift cards are available to purchase online here. If you order online, you can choose either a digital gift card received by email or you can send a physical gift card, delivered by post inside of a greetings card with your own personalised message.
You can also buy physical gift cards from any of our restaurants. Just pop into your nearest Vintage Inns and speak to a team member.
Where Can I Spend Vintage Inns Gift Cards
In What Amounts Are Your Gift Cards Available?
You can credit our gift cards with any denomination of £5, up to the total value of £250 each
For How Long Are They Valid?
Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
What does the recipient receive when I send an eGift Card?
An eGift Card is an electronic Gift Card sent via email. On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email displays a page showing the eGift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalised message), its value and card details. This page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the eGift Card.
I live overseas, can I purchase a gift card?
Our gift cards can only be purchased by our guests who have a valid UK billing address.
When I Order an Email or E-gift for a Friend, How Will I Know It Has Been Sent?
You will receive an email message confirming delivery, and a message notifying you that the eGift Cards have been viewed. If the eGift Cards go un-viewed for 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue. You may also contact Customer Support with the order number from the email you received confirming your purchase, and we can let you know if the recipient has viewed their eGift Cards.
What if the E-gift, Sent by Email or Text Message, Is Not Received?
How Do I Spend an E-gift Card Received by Email or Text Message?
Just show the email (either on your smartphone or as a print-out) or text message, which will contain a unique gift code, to your server, who will then redeem it for you.
Do I Have to Spend All the Money on My Gift Card in One Go?
Not at all. If there is any remaining balance on your gift card, feel free to come back and spend it before the expiry date.
Where Can I Find Out What the Remaining Balance Is on My Gift Card?
Can I Order Large Quantities of Vintage Inns Gift Cards?
What Are the Gift Card Terms and Conditions?
1. General Terms:
· Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd (“Vintage Inns Gift Card”) supplies both physical gift cards (“Physical Gift Cards”) and digital gift cards (“eGift Cards”) to guests, together referred to herein as (“Gift Cards”) which are issued by Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd, 27 Fleet St, Birmingham, B3 1JP (registered no 1001181), VAT Number – VAT Number and are supplied via the Gift Card agent, Blackhawk Network (Europe) Limited registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD England (registered number 07956446), who operates this website.
· If you have any complaints about our service or any Gift Cards you purchase from us or wish to contact us please contact the Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]
· Gift Cards are redeemable as eGifts or Physical Gift Cards. With the exception of shipping fees for the delivery of Physical Gift Cards, no additional fees will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of a Gift Card.
· Gift Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
· If we are unable to accept your order, the system will inform you of this and will not charge you. This might be because of a suspicious transaction alert identified on our system or because we do not deliver Gift Cards to your location.
· Physical Gift Cards have no value until activated. Details of how to activate Physical Gift Cards will be included with each delivery. eGift Cards will be activated at the point of ordering. eGift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
2. Expiry of Gift Cards: Our Gift Cards are valid for valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
3. View Your Balance: Gift Cards are available in variable denominations, and you can choose any denomination between £5 - £250. No change will be given but Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. Card balances can be checked by clicking www.showmybalance.com. Alternatively, you can check your balance in any Mitchells & Butlers venue
4. Your Rights To End The Contract: You have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel your order for Gift Cards, provided you are within the cooling off period of (i) in the case of eGift Cards fourteen (14) days after the date that we confirm that we accept your order or (ii) in the case of Physical Gift Cards (14) days after the day that they are delivered to you.
If you choose to receive your eGift Cards before expiry of the fourteen (14) day cooling off period, you acknowledge and accept that you will lose your right to end the contract once downloading of the digital content begins.
5. Returns: Subject to the cooling off period you may not return or cancel your Gift Cards after they are received. If you wish to cancel your Gift Cards order prior to its delivery, please contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]
6. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards: Please keep your Gift Cards secure, as if they were cash. We are not responsible if the Gift Cards are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. We reserve the right to cancel Gift Cards, if we reasonably suspect fraud or misconduct. Damaged, altered or cancelled Gift Cards will not be accepted.
7. Limitations: The Gift Card is valid at any Vintage Innssite or any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK as detailed at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/ and subject to the conditions set out below. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering. Venues can be added and/or removed from the list above at any time at Mitchells & Butlers’ discretion.
Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash.
Unused Gift Cards cannot be transferred or returned, and orders cannot exceed £5000 per day.
9. Vintage Inns Gift Card Guest Service: If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, or use of your Gift Cards, please contact Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]. You will be required to provide your order number.
10. Payment Methods: Gift Cards may be paid for with a valid Debit or Credit Card (we do not accept American Express).
· Delivery Information: During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Gift Card to you. The costs of delivery for Physical Gift Cards will be as displayed to you on our website. eGift Cards will be delivered free of charge. Physical Gift Cards can be delivered to valid addresses within the United Kingdom with the exception of the Channel Islands. We are not responsible for Gift Cards that are not received due to your failure to enter an accurate physical address or email address for the recipient. If you have concerns about your order, please our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]
11. Reasons for Failed Delivery of eGift Cards: eGift Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the eGift Cards have not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
· Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
· Recipient's firewall blocked the email
· Email inbox is over size limit
· Invalid email address
If a spam filter is blocking Gift Card emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that Gift Card emails are not considered spam. If you need further assistance, contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]. Please be ready to provide your order number.
12. Personalised Messaging : If you wish to add a personal message to your Stonehouse Pizza & CarveryGift Cards, simply type your message in the message field during the purchase process.
Gift Cards personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the eGift Cards, or to the space provided on the presentation carrier of Physical Gift Cards and there is no additional charge to include a personalised message.
We reserve the right to cancel inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages.
13. Updates to Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
14. Governing Law: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your Gift Cards in the English courts.
I Have an Issue With My Gift Card, but I Can't Find the Answer Here.
Do you offer charitable donations?
Each of our restaurants makes its own decisions regarding charity and raffle prizes. Just contact the manager of your nearest Vintage Inn to discuss it with them directly.
I have been barred from a Vintage Inn Restaurant
It is important to us that our pubs and restaurants provide a safe, social and welcoming environment for all our guests. From time to time our pub teams may have to make a decision to bar an individual guest for the safety of our other guests and staff. These decisions are made at the manager's discretion, at a local level and we support their right as responsible license holders to make such decisions. Consequently all decisions are final and cannot be appealed centrally via our Retail Support Centre.
What is your Breastfeeding policy?
We welcome all breast feeding mothers into our businesses.
Are there parking restrictions at your restaurants?
Some of our restaurants do operate a parking system which will be indicated by signage in the car park, however if unsure please check with restaurant on arrival.
I have received a parking fine after dining at one of your restaurants. What do I do next?
If you have received a car parking fine, please contact the car parking company directly using the information on the fine that you have received. Alternatively, get in touch with our Guest Care Team via our enquiry form.
Does your car park have an electric power point?
Please contact the restaurant directly prior to your visit.
Do you allow dogs in your restaurants?
We allow guide dogs and assistant dogs into our businesses. Many of our pubs allow dogs in their garden areas, but please check with the business before you visit to avoid disappointment.
Do you allow E-Cigarettes in your restaurant?
For the comfort of all our guests Mitchells & Butlers do not allow the use of electronic cigarettes within our premises.