Download POI files to find Vintage Inns
Download the TomTom The Vintage Inns Collection POI zip file and save it to a location on your computer. Extract the files. This download contains two files: an .ov2 & a .bmp file.
- Attach your TomTom unit / TomTom Memory Card to your computer (see your TomTom documentation for instructions on how to do this).
- Using My Computer (located in the Windows Start Menu) navigate to the Great Britain Map directory or Western Europe map directory (if you are using a MAC use Finder to locate the directory). Copy the .ov2 and .bmp files to this directory.
- Now, using your TomTom, go to Change Preferences > Manage POI > Add POI and select The Vintage Inns Collection.
- To navigate to your chosen The Vintage Inns Collection select: Navigate to... > Point of Interest > The Vintage Inns Collection. Then select one of the pubs on the list and follow the on-screen instructions.
For more information go to the TomTom website.
In order to use the POI's on Garmin Satnav equipment you need the Garmin POI Loader software which can be found on the Garmin website. Make sure that all POI files (.csv and .bmp) are in the same folder - i.e. if you use these files along with other bar chains POI's, make sure these are in the same folder as the POI's from The Vintage Inns Collection. (Each time you upload new POI files it wipes out any previously loaded custom points so make sure all the POI files are in the same folder.
Uploading the files:
- Unzip the POI files into a folder (eg "My Documents\Garmin POI's")
- Make sure POI Loader software is installed and then connect your Garmin Unit (or memory card) to your PC using the supplied USB lead (or card reader)
- If the software does not automatically start, open it now.
- Browse for your POI folder and follow the on screen instructions.
- Garmin recommend using the auto mode but there is a manual upload selection where you can specify the proximity alert distances for each individual file.
For more information go to the Garmin website.
Every version of NAVMAN has different instructions for uploading the POI file. Please download the Navman The Vintage Inns Collection POI zip file and refer to your instruction manual.
You can download instruction manuals for all models of NAVMAN equipment from the Navman website and specify the proximity alert distances for each individual file.
For more information go to the Navman website.
Download the Google Earth The Vintage Inns Collection POI zip file and save it to a location on your computer. Extract the files. This download contains two files: a kml and a bmp file.
- In Google Earth open the kml file.
- To allocate the The Vintage Inns Collection icon to each listing right click on the first restaurant in the list and select 'Properties'
- Click the button at the end of the line with the restaurant name listed.
- Click 'Add Custom Icon' and browse to the location containing the extracted files and select the bmp file
- Click on 'OK' and 'OK' again to apply the icon.
- Right click on the parent The Vintage Inns Collection item in the list and select 'Properties'. Select the 'Style, Color' tab and click 'Share Style'. This will apply the icon to all your listings.
*POI files are supplied as a tool only. The Vintage Inns Collection cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within. When using Satnav, please observe road safety regulations and use in conjunction with common sense and pre-planning of your route.